Sunday, September 26, 2010

AMH Results

Our RE's office called on Friday, 9/17, with my AMH results ~ we were out of town for fun weekend in Chicago and I called them back on Monday, 9/20.  Isn't it funny how things happen sometimes?  They ALWAYS call my cell but this time they didn't.  Glad, they didn't.  It would have ruined our weekend.  This way, it just ruined our week.  AMH = .48

AMH is basically a measure of ovarian reserve.  At our consult, RE told us that 2-4 is "good" and <1 is "bad".  In his experience, 50% of IVF cycles with AMH <.75 are cancelled due to poor response.

Needless to say, this week has been tough.  Until recent months, it seemed that MFI was our challenge and we had a glimmer of hope.  Now, it is a different situation and I feel we are at a crossroad.  My head is spinning and my emotions are out.of.control.  The tears are flowing as I write this and think about the reality of never having our biological child.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2 years later & P4

It has been 2 years since I started this blog to capture our journey.  Never thought we would still be here, trying to have a baby.  While some things are different, much is still the same....hell, the most important piece of this is still the same ~ no baby.  :(

So, where are we at these days?

Tests ~ I had b/w yesterday for a baseline progesterone (luteal phase) and AMH.  My progesterone results CD 21 (7dpo) = 16.9 (the nurse said anything >10 is "good").  Still waiting on the AMH.  Pending these results, we hope to do a natural cycle next month with progesterone support.

Financially ~ Our house has been FSBO for about 18 months.  The market here is terrible and each day, it seems there is another house or 2 for sale.  Our hope was to sell our house and use the profit to finance our next cycles.  We've had a few offers but none that would allow us this we have stayed put.  My job situation has complicated this 10x over with various changes but right now, it looks like it would be nice to reduce/eliminate my nearly 2-hour each way commute.  Of course, that affects DH's job and becomes a more complicated decision....that we haven't figured out yet.

Big picture ~ I don't know what tomorrow holds.  I don't know where this journey will take us.  I do know that I am trying to keep my faith in what will be, will be.