Sunday, September 26, 2010

AMH Results

Our RE's office called on Friday, 9/17, with my AMH results ~ we were out of town for fun weekend in Chicago and I called them back on Monday, 9/20.  Isn't it funny how things happen sometimes?  They ALWAYS call my cell but this time they didn't.  Glad, they didn't.  It would have ruined our weekend.  This way, it just ruined our week.  AMH = .48

AMH is basically a measure of ovarian reserve.  At our consult, RE told us that 2-4 is "good" and <1 is "bad".  In his experience, 50% of IVF cycles with AMH <.75 are cancelled due to poor response.

Needless to say, this week has been tough.  Until recent months, it seemed that MFI was our challenge and we had a glimmer of hope.  Now, it is a different situation and I feel we are at a crossroad.  My head is spinning and my emotions are out.of.control.  The tears are flowing as I write this and think about the reality of never having our biological child.

3 comments:

  1. I am so, so sorry. I'm glad you didn't find out until Monday. That kind of news is always a shock, so be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to process it. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that the results were not good. For several years we too thought MFI was on our challenge only to discover that I had many issues as well. Praying for the two of you as process this news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog by clicking through about 3 other's people's blogs. I'm writing to let you know of a success with an AMH of .16, I'm 39. Send me an email at megregory at welcomehomeredesign dot com and I will be more than happy to share with you the whole story. Just thought it might give you some hope from the dark place you're in!

    ReplyDelete