Just been living life the past few months and not focusing on TTC and IF...I needed a break. I have been busy with work and all that comes with starting a new program. I started working out and going to the gym regularly; just taking it day by day. Until this week...
I realized last Sunday evening that AF was due any time. I had been ill the previous week and with stress from work, I thought that was delaying her arrival. Tuesday morning (4/20), I woke up with what seemed like AF cramps. I took some ibuprofen and went about my day. By the afternoon, my mind was racing. Still, no AF. On my way home, I bought HPTs. I took one when I got home and to my SHOCK it read "Pregnant"! We were in a daze!
On Wednesday morning (4/21), I called my RE's office and went in for a beta. 1st beta = 77.2 and p4 = >40 These are great #'s! I went back on Friday morning (4/23) for another beta and not such good news....2nd beta = 77.6 and p4=18. The RE said it didn't look good for this to be a viable pregnancy and wanted me to come back today/Sunday (4/25). I asked about progesterone supplement since the p4 dropped so much. They gave me a RX for prometrium (suppository). Today's #'s 3rd beta = 77.9 and p4 = 32.5.
I had a different nurse than during the week. I asked her when she was taking my blood if the prometrium would cause the p4 to rise anyways even if the hcg didn't? She said no because it is a suppository and it provides the p4 support but not enough to absorb into my blood yet. DH asked her about the twin theory (if both implanted but then 1 wasn't making it causing the p4 to drop and hcg to remain the same)....she said she absolutely thinks that is a possibility; however, though since this wasn't an IVF cycle, the chances of twins are diminished. We told her that actually twins run on DH's side of the family...his aunts, our nieces, etc. So....she was like, well then definitely that could be a possibility. She said if the #'s do not rise or go down, then we'll have to monitor it and see what happens. She mentioned the ectopic possibility, too.
So when she called, she said the hcg remained basically unchanged at 77.9 and p4 at 32.5. The RE thinks that the prometrium may have caused the rise in the p4 and may be delaying mother nature's work (miscarriage) (which contradicts what the nurse first told us this morning). So they want me to stop the prometrium and go back in 4 days (Thurs). The RE's feeling is that we'll see it drop or if something is awry right now, it should take off by then if it's going too. And if not, they'll need to monitor it closely to see if it's ectopic.
So....guess what, we wait! The story of our lives! It figures it would go this way for us....nothing is ever easy! Now I have 4 days to search the boards and internet for beta trends like this.
I'm doing okay....frustrated that it's going to be a long process to figure out what is going to happen but it is what it is. I am scared about the ectopic possibility because I've read lots of bad stories about those ~ so at this point, I am hoping that is NOT the case! DH is doing okay....he's more frustrated about it than I am, I think. I have read SO much on the board over the years that there are so many crazy situations and he doesn't have that. I just keep telling him, it doesn't look good that this is going to be a healthy pregnancy. Although, anything could happen at this point, the majority of situations where the beta doesn't double do not turn out good.
The next 4 days are going to be the longest of my life!
690th Friday Blog Roundup
1 day ago