Saturday, January 14, 2012

2nd ultrasound

Thank you to everyone who shared your experiences...it definitely helped ease my fears and anxiety.

After the drama of last week, I was insistent that this week had to be different.  So instead of driving 1-1/2 to our old RE's office for b/w, I settled for the hospital lab.  They could give us the important test (hcg/beta) within a few hours, although the progesterone would take a few days.  I could live with that.  Then, I explained our situation to my obgyn's office who agreed to do the u/s ~ thank goodness!

The u/s tech was fantastic and very patient with all of our questions.  And she shared, they had their daughter on their 3rd IVF attempt.  Love when situations like this happen.  A sign of the future, maybe? 

Well, she showed us 1 baby on the screen with a lovely HB of 135!  My hcg was 14,274 and "wonderful" according to my nurse.  The baby still measured behind according to the ER/conception dates, however, no one (RE nurse, u/s tech, and everyone else who has shared experiences of this :) is worried.  And we are officially "released" from our RE!

So grateful, so relieved, and so hopeful that this is our time!

6 comments: